Friday, March 11, 2011

Pinch me I'm....German.

On Sunday my Brother and I will attempt to run a 5K!!
This will be my first run that I will be in. I'm really excited, except the fact that I am REALLY out of shape and haven't really ran for a few months...
I had fully planed to be in shape for this.
Then I got THE cold.
plus our road has been covered with ice for the past three months.
Having said this, I really am excited to run! it should be "fun", or so I keep trying to tell myself..
The other day my Brother reminded me to where green.
I love green! but after looking in my closet, I came to the startling discovery that don't really own anything green!
How could this happen???
So, I had to make something green A.S.A.P!!!



So, here it is! a Green Ear-warmer!
~
Pattern for
 St. Patty's Ear-warmer
designed by- Kacie.
~
This pattern is knit in garter st. knitting 2 strands of yarn at once. this pattern is super easy and fast! if you know how to knit, increase, decrease, and bind off, you can knit this!

Yarn- Baby Soft, color Pistachio and dark green worsted weight.
Needles-size (US) 9 pins.(straight)
                       ~
CO 9 st.
knit for 16 rows
~k1,m1, knit until last st. k1, m1.
~knit.
~k1, m1, knit until last st. m1, k1.
~knit.
~k1, m1, knit until last st. m1, k1.
knit for 83 rows. or until, holding CO edge at back of head, the needle comes just to back of ear on other side of head.
~k1, k2 tog, knit until last 3 st. k2 tog, k1.
~knit.
~k1, k2 tog, knit until last 3 st. k2 tog, k1.
~knit.
~k1, k2 tog, knit until last 3 st. k2 tog, k1.
knit for 16 rows. Bind off. sew back seem.
                                ~

Since it is knitted from 2 strands it is nice and warm!
If you have any questions about the pattern, ask away!
Wish me luck on my run!
happy Running/knitting!
Kacie

No comments:

Post a Comment