Monday, March 14, 2011

Gandalf's Cloak.

I have finished Gandalf's Cloak!! it only took me a few weeks...
~
After knitting his sweater, I didn't have what I thought would be enough for his cloak. So I got another skein,

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE silky wool! use it!!!
 I just thought I would show you how I wind my yarn.

This is our piano bench.
I wanted the cloak to be full, so I made it full!
this is the back.

shaping for the arm hole.

for ease of riding on horse back, I thought that the cloak should have a split down the back.

You see that little hole? those are belt loops. I figured it would be a lot easier to knit them into the body of the work then trying to sew on little loops afterwards.




boy! am I glad I got more yarn! I had just enough to do the back and start the right front with the first skein.

I didn't figure you would want to wade through a bunch of pictures of grey yarn and knitting needles, so I'm skipping forward to the blocking.

This is all I have left of 2 skeins of Silky wool.

and here is his cloak!


It makes him look a little fat....but I bet that thing would be SOOO comfy!
the back.






It's starting to really look like Gandalf now!
I just find it funny that I put all that work into his sweater, when while he's wearing his cloak, you can't even see it....ehh, you and I know it's there!
plus if I want to I can just take his cloak off!
happy knitting~
Kacie


No comments:

Post a Comment