Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Starting at the top, or the Bottom?

First, I just want to say that I am sorry for not posting last week. I have been battling a rather NASTY cold...
Know, Since that's out of the way.
I have begone one of the heads. I know that I had said that I wanted to start with a Hobbit, But since the yarn was larger, it made the finished head larger (duh..)
So I'm starting with Gandalf instead!
The heads are knitted from the bottom up and the chin is created from working inc's and dec's.
(I had taken pictures of the process, but I had a few issues with the delete button...)
here is the finished head next to the sample.


yesterday I was able to go to the yarn shop to get some yarn!
I love going to yarn shops. It's just so soothing, you're surrounded by warmth and color. When you're in a yarn shop, All is right with the world. The only thing I DON'T like about yarn shops would be the prices..
You'll be looking at the cutest little "baby skein" and you'll nearly keel over when you see the price tag of $25.99(or more). For that itsy-bitsy bit of yarn. Well, at least if I can't BUY it they let me touch it :)
~
here is the Skein that I got


Yes, I had taken a picture of the skein before I wound it, but that stupid delete button......


elsebeth lavold, Silky Wool, designers choice.  (ooohh, Designers Choice!! fancy)
it's 45% Wool, 35% Silk, 20% Nylon = 100% lovely feeling!
At first I got it, thinking it would make a great beard ( it does have a great beard "feel" to it..)
Until I researched Gandalf....And I realized that he's beard is white. Not grey...
Oh, well. I am going to use it for his cloak instead.
~
But now I have the problem of what am I going to use for his beard?
Last night I looked in my bowl of yarn ( that's another post...) and I found a length of this


It's all that I have left from a project that I did last year, so I really don't know WHAT it is, but it's just perfect for what I want.
 The only problem that I might have is I don't know if I will have enough of it...
I also found some blue that might work for his hat!
Gotta love thoughs bits o' yarn that you think you will never use. When one day you find that they are perfect for what ever you need it for!
Well, thats all I have to say for now. So I'm off to go beard a wizard!
Happy Knit(bearding)ting~
Kacie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment