Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The begining.

I have decided to knit with as much "good" yarn as I can. which means I am going to have to piece-meal this as much as I can. I can't really buy five hanks of yarn at $10 a hank....
I got my first skein on Saturday!
when I was ready to purchase the lady at the counter said(as they always do :) "so, what are you going to make?"..Me; ummm,well *cough**cough*,umm, I'm going to knit characters from The Lord of the Rings..."
she gave me that blank stare that they gave me when a few months back I asked if they had size 8/0 needles. (that's really,really small sized needles, about the size of sewing needles...)
Heres the Skein!


Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran. mmmmmm. Yummy, isn't it?
I thought I would start with the skin tone yarn first.
It's a bit larger of weight then I really wanted for the facial features, but the smaller stuff was $2 more and I didn't get as much.
I LOVE how this yarn feels though and I can't wait to use it!

I have already started with some of my samples. I don't really want to use my nice yarn for formulating my pattern......
so I used some pld stuff that I had on hand.

Can you see the face?!?!
I used sport weight yarn and size 2 needles. it's just a mock-up, so its not perfect, but it's a start.

I am thinking that I will start with the Hobbits then go to the larger Man size.
I'm thinking that this will be one of thous projects that never really ends. who knows? I might still be knitting Gollums and Dwarves when I'm in my 40's!

that's all for now
Happy Knitting!~
Kacie.

No comments:

Post a Comment