Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ibuprofen and old lace.

I thought I would share with you the only project that I was able to work on when I was reeeeaaaally sick.


I am half way done already
( don't think that I started this last week and got all this done. I started it last month. )


A lace shawl!
One of My brother's is getting marred in June and I wanted something to cover my shoulders during the reception.



Here's the book that I am using.
Knitted Lace of Estonia. I am doing the Lilac Leaf shawl.
I got it for Christmas. well, my Dad got me a gift card, then I got this book.
I really love this book. I learned a lot about Estonia, and once you get the hang of what your supposed to be doing, it's not that bad!



And this is the yarn that I'm using.
Aracania 100% Mercerized Cotton, color- Lonco solid.
I got two skeins of it. I have already wound the first one. Let me tell you, if you EVER get this yarn have the yarn shop WIND IT FOR YOU!!
It was a nightmare trying to wind this stuff! I would love to meet one of the little old lady's in Chile who wound this stuff, just to see what she was thinking! It took me three days to wined this stuff. I took this skein in to have the yarn shop do it for me :)
having said that. I love working with this yarn. it has great texture. I wasn't sure how it would do with the lace pattern, being Cotton, but it has a lovely silken quality to it.
Now you know what I do when I'm not working on LOTR.
~
Happy Knitting!
Kacie

No comments:

Post a Comment