I had mentioned that I would post the pattern for the hat that I made for my Dad and my Brother. Well, I'm finally posting it.
If you have any questions, Just leave a comment and I will answer as best I can!
( This pattern is sized to fit a LARGE head... at end of pattern I will explain how to make smaller for average sized head.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Yarn- Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. or any super bulky yarn.
Needles- Size 11 dpn's, one size 11 16'' circ needle, yarn needle(for weaving in ends)
With dpn's, CO 12 st.
1. pm, Knit.
2. K1, K F&B.( K F&B is a type of increase, if you are unfamiliar with this type of increase, then just increase one st. using favorite increase method.) repeat till end.
3. K2. K F&B, repeat till end.
5. K3, K F&B, repeat till end.
6. K4, K F&B, repeat till end.
8. K5, K F&B, repeat till end.
9. K6, repeat till end.
11. Change to circ ndle. K7, K F&B, repeat till end.
12. K8, K F&B, repeat till end.
14. K9, K F&B, repeat till end.
continue to knit for 16 more rows. or until desired length is achieved.
weave in ends.
For Smaller size, on row 14, just Knit, don't increase.